- 1 Tbsp. unsalted stick margarine
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, no salt added
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven, melt the margarine. Add the mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, 2-3 minutes.
Add the broth, tomatoes and 3 cups water; bring to a boil. Add the tortellini; return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring as needed, until the tortellini are cooked, about 10 minutes. Stir in the spinach and return to a boil. Serve, sprinkled with the pepper.
Per serving: 237 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 23 mg Cholesterol, 265 mg Sodium, 37 g Total Carbohydrate, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 10 g Protein, 144 mg Calcium
Soup prepared / recipe provided by:
Jacqui Conlin, Executive Assistant